How to bring back dialer icon on lockscreen in Android Marshmallow 6.0
Android Marshmallow 6.0 is the latest android operating system which was unveiled by google recently. Almost all smartphone and tablet manufacturers have already started rolling out Android 6.0 to their flagships or their recent devices.
You might have recently updated your smartphone to marshmallow or else you might have flashed the firmware or Rom manually ( I did flash a rom :P) and after locking the device the first thing you notice while you unlock is ofcourse the new clock and the slimmer text ;) then you might notice there is a voice assist shortcut. I freaked out the first time i saw it later came to know there is an option to change it back to the dialer.
Have a look at my lockscreen ;)
Without any further bullshit lets get right into it :
1. Go to Phone ‘Settings’, then ‘Apps’
2. On the top right side before the 3 dot button you will find a ‘Gear Icon’ tap on it.
3. under the ‘advanced’ menu there will the ‘default apps’ button, Tap on it
4. Now tap on ‘Assist & Voice Input’ and tap on ‘Assist App’ and select ‘NONE’.
By doing this it will bring back the dailer icon on the lockscreen if you want assist back tap on ‘Google App’
Now, just lock your Android smartphone and wake it up to see the dialer icon.
Did this work for you ? If yes then sound off in the comments section below! :)
Here is our guide on How to bring back dialer icon on lockscreen in Android Marshmallow 6.0
Latest posts by Hassan Elyas (see all)
- Why Not to Buy Micromax phones and tablets? - April 3, 2016
- How to install Busybox on Android Marshmallow 6.0 - November 14, 2015
- How to bring back dialer icon on lockscreen in Android Marshmallow 6.0 - November 13, 2015
- Best Laptops or Netbooks under 20,000 Rupees - November 12, 2015
- Best Power Banks Under 1500 Rupees - November 12, 2015