How to Fix TouchPad issue in Windows 10
After updating to Windows 10, My Asus eeebook X205TA’s touchpad stopped working.
After some troubleshooting, i found the real solution to this issue. It is indeed very easy and can be solved in minutes.
These tutorial will work on any laptop or netbook running windows 10.
Let’s get started :
Before you try this go into control panel>>hardware and sound>>mouse>>hardware>>*Click on your device name or touchpad name* and Click on properties then Update the driver from there. This should fix the issue for beginners and i suppose you have already tried that. If No then please follow the above steps it will fix the issue. If yes then please follow the following :
A Windows Machine Running Windows 10.
Mouse – as your Touch-pad isn’t working
1. Go to Start menu>>Settings>>Update and Security>>Recovery>>Advanced Startup>>Restart Now. The Device will Reboot into recovery.
2. You will see 4 options – Continue, Use a Device, Troubleshoot and Turn off your pc. Click on ‘Troubleshoot‘ then choose ‘Advanced Options‘ and choose ‘System Restore‘. Don’t worry we are not restoring your system we are just getting our device to fix the issues.
3. After you choose System restore option, your device will boot into system restore mode. It will run tests and then your netbook/laptop manufacturer’s touch-pad drivers will be automatically updated in that menu. You will see a notification stating this. Once you see the dialog box just click on ‘Skip this Drive‘ and select ‘cancel’ now your device drivers have been installed correctly. Just select ‘continue’ from the ‘choose an option‘ menu and your done.
4. Now, when your device reboots your Touchpad will be fully functional.
Did this guide work for you ? Please drop your valuable comments to help other fellow Windows 10 users to get their touch-pad working :)
Here is our guide on How to Fix TouchPad issue in Windows 10
Latest posts by Hassan Elyas (see all)
- Why Not to Buy Micromax phones and tablets? - April 3, 2016
- How to install Busybox on Android Marshmallow 6.0 - November 14, 2015
- How to bring back dialer icon on lockscreen in Android Marshmallow 6.0 - November 13, 2015
- Best Laptops or Netbooks under 20,000 Rupees - November 12, 2015
- Best Power Banks Under 1500 Rupees - November 12, 2015